Monday, June 7, 2010

Jerk Tilapia & Red Beans and Rice

Hello lovelies! Here is a wonderful dish I've made a few times and it seems that it's a hit...So give it a go and I can assure you there will not be any left overs!

Enjoy!

Jerk Tilapia

Tilapia Fillets
Walkerswood Jerk Paste
Jerk Seasoning (powder)
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder

Rub Tilapia Fillets in the above seasonings. Go light on the Walkerswood paste as it is ground peppers and the more you add the spicier it will be.  Once you have allowed this to marinate in the fridge for about 2-3 hours wrap each fillet in an aluminum foil pouch and bake on 350 until done. (about 30-45 min)

For the Red Beans and Rice I use the Goya brand it seems to be the best that you can buy without making it from scratch.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I think I know what Im cooking for lunch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we are headed to the market right now and tonight we feast like queens

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tilapias is in the frig now, its going to sit for 24 hours and I'' give you a update after my itis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I usually use the Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice, but I will have to give Goya a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @k so im waiting for that feedback! lol a lil birdie told me that u n ur sis might've caught a case of the itis!!
    @digs i did too until i found the goya.

    ReplyDelete