Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chicken & Dumplings

I've been gone for a min now Im back with the jump off...

LOL I have def been gone for a min... school has resumed and I am teaching everyday as well as working full time!! Somebody say a prayer for me bc 4 hours of sleep each night is ROUGH!!!

Anywho... I come bearing a new post something that will keep you warm and stick to your ribs on a cold winter's day!

Chicken & Dumplings or as I was raised Chicken Pastry

you will begin this dish by choosing the chicken pieces of your choice. (although i love breast meat the thigh meat has more flavor)

4-6 chicken thighs
2 -3 cans chicken broth
water
salt
pepper
frozen pastry strips, egg noodles, or dumplings

boil the chicken thighs in the chicken broth and water until the meat falls off the bone.  remove all bones & skin. (the water will evaporate so you may want to have an extra can of chicken broth to add back to the pot once the chicken is done to flavor your pastry)
add pastry or noodles to meat & stock cook until
season to taste

enjoy with some hot cornbread!

Enjoy!!!!!

1 comment: