Monday, April 18, 2011

Deception...

So I've been thinking that I wouldn't mind working at a bakery over the summer (since teachers don't get paid for 2 months).  It would be fun and a great learning experience for me to see the ins and outs of daily bakery life...

I went down the street to a Bakery (that shall remain nameless) to try out their goods and to possibly try and  see about being taken under their wing...

When I walked in I as immediately taken aback because the place was tiny, they sold old fashioned dip ice cream, and not to mention they only had 1 type of cupcake in the display case. We weren't greeted as we walked in the establishment either.  Trying to be a good patron I waited patiently as I looked over the few cupcakes they had then I saw the price... a whopping 2.00/cupcake!!! (they were regular cupcakes might I add)

I finally was greeted and I decided I would give them a try and I would purchase 1 cupcake...Eyes backed out on me (smile) I bought a strawberry cheesecake cupcake and I was actually very eager to try it. Oddly enough it was 2.00 even (no tax)...

Once I got back to the car I looked over the cupcake and noticed it looked a bit familiar...the pink specks in the cake looked similar to those of the Duncan Hines/Betty Crocker Strawberry Supreme... I took the first bite and I was HEATED!!!  I was right it was cake mix and the icing was too!!!

I felt so cheated, I had just paid 2.00 for a box cupcake with can icing...

Needless to say I will be trying my best to learn the bakery business on my own to avoid deception again..

Ciao'

No comments:

Post a Comment