Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fresh Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Glaze

Hello all,

So I was really in the baking mood today and I tried my hand at lemon cookies (my first attempt @ using cookie cutters...) Well it didn't go so well.  The cookies were delish but the cutting part was a thumbs down. I purchased the book Cookie Craft and believe me it is a wonderful book and you will get inspired.  I think I need a bigger rolling pin and some parchment paper...(any donations :o) just kidding! )  So I didn't let this get me down and I searched the web for fresh strawberry cakes.  Unfortunately I didn't like any of them so I had an epiphany (yep just like Chrisette)  I had originally planned on making a batch of  lemon blossoms but I think I've had my share of lemon deserts today. (besides eyes doesn't really care for lemon) Then it hit me I had some very ripe strawberries that I had been munching on all day and I realized what I needed to do. See the recipe below!

Enjoy...

Fresh Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Glaze

1 box Butter Flavor Cake Mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist)
     *follow directions on the box
1/2-3/4 cup of crushed fresh strawberries

Follow all directions for the cake mix and add the crushed strawberries to the batter.
Bake in a tube pan as directed.

For the Glaze

1 stick of butter melted
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup crushed fresh strawberries
1 tsp vanilla

mix and add milk until thin enough to pour like a glaze


When cake is done remove it from pan and turn on to a plate.  While hot spoon glaze over strawberries should lie around the top.  Glaze will seem sort of white but the heat from the cake will make it turn clear.

Serve warm: Enjoy!

4 comments: